Each year, MIPA recognizes many outstanding individuals, including an exceptional senior scholastic journalist as the Student Journalist of the Year, a rising star educator just starting their advising career as the Emerging Journalism Educator, and a outstanding teacher with an extensive career in journalism education as the Journalism Teacher of the Year.
Your financial support of one or more of these awards will help a student start his/her college education, assist a teacher just starting to outfit their classroom for the years to come, and recognize the years of work and dedication of a seasoned professional.
In addition to the awards above, MIPA recognizes service to scholastic journalism in four other awards, including the Administrator of the Year, Taft Award, Knight Award and the Contributing Media Award. Sponsorships for these awards are also available.
In addition, we are looking for sponsors to help with the flourishes that make J-Day special — on stage entertainment to get the day going, visits from the MU mascot and more.
As a sponsor, the benefits to you and your business/organization are also many fold, including:
- recognition on the home page footer of the MIPAjournalism.org website
- recognition on the sponsor page of the MIPAjournalism.org website
- recognition in the J-Day program distributed to more than 1,500 students and teachers in attendance on the MU campus
- verbal thanks during the awards ceremony at J-Day
- a tax-deductible contribution
- the considerable gratitude of MIPA’s members, board of directors and students across the state of Missouri
To volunteer to sponsor one or more of the awards or the other sponsorship opportunities, please complete this form.