MIPA is your Missouri state Journalism organization since 1923.
MIPA Benefits include:
• Too often Journalism teachers are off in their own corner of the world within their schools. MIPA unites us with other teachers who understand the challenges and joys of teaching/advising Journalism.
• New advisers may request a MIPA a mentor teacher.
• MIPA hosts individual contests for student work in newspaper, photojournalism, yearbook, web, broadcast, etc. Not only are students able to earn honors, but critiques are provided to help promote growth. MIPA member schools are able to enter these contests free of charge.
• MIPA also hosts the MIPA Journalism Student of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Administrator of the Year, Contributing Medium, Knight and Taft honors.
• MIPA hosts J-Day every spring for students and advisers. We bring in journalism professionals to share information with students, as well as utilize our partnership with the Missouri Schoo of Journalism. Students are able to experience the campus first hand.
• We also provide our members with a listserv. We are able to network, as well as receive important reminders and updates such as “Thursday’s Tips.” While you may see some previews of these announcements here on our website, ALL information is shared via our listserv.
It doesn’t matter if you are a new adviser, or have been at it for over 20 years, MIPA wants to help you and your student journalists. Join us today!