Photo of the Month Contest
MIPA is offering students a monthly photo contest included FREE with your MIPA membership! Winners will be featured on MIPA’s website/social media and on J-Day 2018.
Photo of the Month Contests start NOW!
January’s Photo of the Month theme is “FRESH”
January brings a fresh take on a brand new year, semester and chance for great photos. Capture moments that illustrate what “FRESH” means to your school and student body for our January Photo of the Month contest!
ONE photo per month, per publication, per school. All images must be jpgs of less than 2 MB in file size. While this is one overall category, photos can be from any of the following classifications:
- Student Life
- Photo Illustration
- Cell phone
Contests close at 11:59 p.m. on the following dates:
- September 30
- October 31
- November 30
- December 23
- January 31
- February 28
- March 31
- April 30
- Every entry must be a photo taken since the deadline for the previous monthly contest and intended for publication in a school newspaper, yearbook, magazine, broadcast or website.
- Each entry should be student-produced work.
- Each publication is limited to ONE entry per month.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Image file size should not exceed 2MB and each photo needs an accompanying caption (copy and paste into the submission form).
- Look for a monthly theme that will be announced by an MIPA board member at the beginning of the month to help guide submissions.
- No critiques or feedback will be provided by the judges–this is solely a recognition event and must be run this way to make sure winners are announced by the 10th of the following month.