Park Hill wins Strat Comm Challenge

The first Challenge this year was truly a challenge in new media — strat comm teams were asked to produce a package in the first months of this semester. The winners are as follows:

First Place: Rylie Estes, Daniel Brinkmeyer, Anna Turnbull of Park Hill High School. Trojan TV News and The Trojan.

Judge’s Comments: This team took on a topic (reading) that could typically be overlooked and presented it in an interesting way. From the excellent video feature story that contained creative b-roll shots to the written online feature story about a student who is working at a public library, I was impressed. The graphic created for the package could have had a little more “oomph” to it, but all three pieces were incredibly solid. Today’s scholastic journalism programs need to take on packages that include a variety of ways to effectively communicate a message. Park Hill did just that!

Pieces from Park Hill’s entry:

Trojan TV News

• Social Media card:

Second Place: Cierra Logan, Macy Higgins of Kearney High School. KNN & KHS-TV.

Third Place: Grace Bryson, Emma Duncan, Megan Duncan, Kaden Meyer of Washington High School. Blue Jay Journal TV.

Honorable Mention: Madison Gabbert, Abby Roberts, Grace Livia, Emma Suppes of Liberty North High School. North Nation Media.

Thank you to all the competitors who challenged themselves in this brand new contest!