Missouri School of Journalism recognizes MIPA’s anniversaries

This year marks the 95th Anniversary of the Missouri Interscholastic Press Association’s partnership with the Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri, as well as its 50th Annual Scholastic Journalism Day. In recognition, MU held a Scholastic Journalism Day event, hosting nearly 200 advisers and students at the Saturday, March 9, 2019 basketball game.

Thank you to everyone who made this day possible:

• Walsworth Publishing
    • Keith Hughley and several sales representatives were on hand in the Walsworth Suite to talk with teachers and provide refreshments
    • Walsworth’s Marketing Department created the logo for the day’s event
  • MU Athletics provided the tickets and Mizzou Arena arrangements
  • Chancellor Alexander N. Cartwright, University of Missouri, recognized MIPA and supports scholastic journalism
  • MIPA Co-Executive Director Suzette Heiman organized and coordinated this event

Additional coverage:

• The official game ball was presented in honor of the 50th MIPA J-Day.

• Missouri School of Journalism Dean David Kurpius meets with a teacher during the event. He shared the School's support of high school scholastic journalism.

• More than 200 advisers and students attended the basketball game.

• MIPA Co-Executive Director Ron Kelley met with several teachers in attendance.

• Mizzou Chancellor Alexander Cartwright presents a game ball to Christina Geabhart, president of MIPA Missouri Interscholastic Press Association, during the Mizzou Men's Basketball game Saturday at Mizzou Arena. Nearly 200 journalism and yearbook advisers and their students were at the game for Scholastic Journalism Day, which celebrated high school journalism programs across Missouri. Geabhart is the journalism teacher at Oak Park High School in North Kansas City Schools. Left to right: Associate Professor Ron Kelley, co-executive director of MIPA; Missouri School of Journalism Dean David Kurpius; Geabhart; Cartwright; and Keith Hughey, an executive with Walsworth Yearbooks. #MissouriMethod #MizzouMade National Scholastic Press Association Journalism Education Association